Saturday, April 25, 2009

IF I COULD MEND YOUR HEART

I am writing this to someone who needs a little encouragement, that person knows who she is and will recognize this is for herself.
IF I COULD MEND YOUR HEART
I would weave together the ragged edges of your threadbare heart and sooth your pain....
I would invite you to touch your sorrow and feel your feelings and not pretend to be strong or capable or composed..
I would listen without comment, to all that is unsettled in your soul, your doubts, your anger, your fears...
I would heed your cries and probing questions, what might you have done wrong or, what you might not have done at all. I would promise not to say, LOOK HOW WELL YOUR HANDLING THINGS OR CHEER UP GOD WOULDNT GIVE YOU MORE THEN YOU COULD HANDLE OR YOU'LL BE OVER THIS SOON,
Instead I would whisper in your ear, We live in a fragile and imperfect world tinged by brokenness and cloaked in unanswered questions. Some things truly arent fair, this is hard.
I pray that you are being drawn closer to the almighty, and that you keep lookin up instead of around, find your strength and courage in him, be settled in your heart having faith that he will get you through each day. And there is an end to heartache, dissapointment, keep pushing for the mark you will someday reach it.

1 comment: